It's moments before the final round of the PDX Trophy Cup and we're still sifting through last week. We were lamenting that fact and switched on our camera only to find that all the photos we thought were there, in fact, were not. Thankfully for us, our friend Toshiki was in town and shot some AMAZING photos of the night. Look at that light!
Now, you might be looking through these photos and see Abby and then peruse a bit further and see Cole and go... "why do they have two different kits on?" Well, there's an easy answer for that. We put it to the riders this year — do you want something brand spanking new? Or — would you like to keep using last year's amazing fade kit? And from there the Inverse Stripe Fade Kit was born (totally just made that name up). So, there you have your answers... now, as to why Anthony has been rocking his mountain bike at these Trophy Cup races? Can't help you there.
Toshiki had an interesting comment on the night as well. He was surprised that we were racing already. You see, the Japanese cyclocross season doesn't really kick off until right about now, and here he was, four weeks deep into the Northwest's - Nay - the US's most legit weekly cyclocross training race series. So, that's just it right there "training race." This event was started with the intentions of getting people up to speed by the time the "real" races were happening here in the Pacific Northwest. Things like the MFG Cyclocross Series and the ever popular and always in the news - Cyclocross Crusade Series in the Portland area.
In any case, the beers were flowing and people were jumping the barriers all night. As illustrated by our good friend Ryan Barrett here in this photo. The Poler CX team has been GOING FOR IT this season already. It's what they do best. Especially when their pride is on the line, which it always is out at the PDX Trophy Cup.
What else happened?
1. Abby WON! That's pretty cool. Here's a pretty cool picture of her to further validate that she's just plain cool. Cool cool!
2. Ryan bunny hopped the barriers. Oh yeah, we already mentioned that.
3. The Poler CX Team got in trouble for handing out beers. But, in case you were wondering, they had perfect tall, perfectly cold ones at the concession stands. In case you were wondering.
4. COACH! Our spirit/life/sport coach Patrick was out there in the Team Wooly Mammoth Skinsuit. "Just who is that dashing young man?" You may have been asking yourself. Well, now you have your answer.
4. We talked about how this next week - TONIGHT - is the final race in the series. The last chance to get out there and go for it on a Tuesday night. What are people going to do now that it's over? Well, here's something for you to do...
What further details do you need? There will be beer, yes, plenty of that. There will be prizes handed out. Hi - fives will be slapped. Pats on the back will be issued. Likewise for kicks in the butt if anyone gets out of hand. But, you knew that already. See you Friday!